Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new 2005 XC70 with 1,100 miles on it died this morning and needs a new transmission. I am stunned! I have purchased new Volvo's in the past and have needed to repair stupid little things in the first month or so of its life but never something as major as the transmission. Has anyone else experienced this in the 2005 model year? If yes, where there any other issues that came out due to the changed transmission? Any other thoughts?
-John

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
For some reason the replacements are alot better than what the factory is getting.Once in a while there is a problem with the trans down the road.
But most of the time the transmissions are almost like a car either you get a really good one or a bad one.

I would say the percentage of you having no problems again are about 80/20 or 90/10.

I think they are finally starting to get the handle on the transmissions to get them repaired.
They are getting better with time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just want to follow up on this thread. Volvo made good on the car. I told them that I didn't have faith in the car and no longer wanted it. They terminated my lease and put me into another new car, this time a 2005 S80 AWD, with nothing more out of pocket. I am a very happy Volvo customer.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Tech-sorry to labour the point. But, I am not sure what CHEVY is. If I am talking about a Chevrolet car, I call it a Chev. Is CHEVY a brand name or the name of car as I would know it? Like the 1979 Chevrolet El Camino Left Hand Drive for sale in the south island of New Zealand.

Sorry to be such a nuisance.

Cheers

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(SafetyFIRST @ May 19 2005, 01:36 PM)
Ford owns Volvo now. Why would they use Chevy transmissions? Seems strange.
[snapback]8186[/snapback]​

Im not sure exactly sure why they did it.
They have gone back and forth over the years using parts from FORD AND CHEVY.
The A/C systems were from both company's depending on which models they are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.