Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a flat tire.... Making me buy 4 new wheels. Was time anyways..

Beeing in a hurry, the only thing the dealer had in stock that would fit on my 16" was Pirelli 6000 ZR.

Im finding them giving me a extra 3-5/mph when i corner. The grip is awsome.
And the rain isnt a problem either. But a friend of mine told me they are like a pair of erasures, I should be glad to have em last 1 season....

Any1 got experience of them? beeing long lasting? good economy?
after al, they did cost me $302/each

Mikey

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE(Volvo 4 Ever @ Aug 13 2005, 11:53 AM)I just got a flat tire.... Making me buy 4 new wheels. Was time anyways..

Beeing in a hurry, the only thing the dealer had in stock that would fit on my 16" was Pirelli 6000 ZR.

Im finding them giving me a extra 3-5/mph when i corner. The grip is awsome.
And the rain isnt a problem either. But a friend of mine told me they are like a pair of erasures, I should be glad to have em last 1 season....

Any1 got experience of them? beeing long lasting? good economy?
after al, they did cost me $302/each

Mikey

[snapback]13429[/snapback]​

Noisy tire, will go (depending on your driving) 25.000-35.000km...
Normal grip is perfect, on wet track (highway) worse! Sometimes even aquaplaning at 130km/h while they are new!

Just don't like 'em, even hate my previous Bridgestone Potenza's, were completely gone at 20.000km!

Think I'll try to find some Michelins for next time, or the Goodyear Eagles F1... even though I don't like it's profile, all *** ends up in the top, after which sometimes small stones get pressed into the tyre because that's is the way of least resistance... then still a good tyre.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
My experience on this is simple:-

1) If the grip is awesomely marvellous, don't expect them to last long...
2) If they have lasted long, (I'm sure you've experienced that) the grip is just so-so...

You play, you pay...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts