Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm kinda new in here but if anyone with the suggestion would be great. I have my 1998 Volvo V70 GLT timing belt and tensioner changed at 66000 miles but i did not have my mechanic replace the water pump since it's not showing any sign of leaking, this is what i was told by my mechanic. He told me, my second timing belt change than i should change all three part ( belt, water pump and tensioner). So is this a good mechanic or not i don't know ... they only specialize in Volvo..so i figure i take their word for it. Any comment or suggestion ... Thanks

Virakborros

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
95% of the time the water pump will last till atleast 140,000 miles.I would do what he says waterpump,tensioner,and belt at 140,000.Somewhat lately the tensoiners show sing of leakage after the first 70,000.But if he knows what he is doing they look for that while compressing it.You should be fine and not have any problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tech.

Make me happy now cause i though i did the wrong thing not changing it. I love my volvo i used to have one a 1985 740 sedan used it for 2 years and sold it to my sis and she put 280,000 miles and still going. hope this 98 V70 do the same for me. thanks again for the info.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
As long as you keep it maintained you should get 300,000 miles out of it easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts