Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have seen some brief info on other sites about rough idling (2000 T6) and getting the throttle body cleaned. I would prefer doing this myself rather than dropping a C-Note at the dealer. Anybody tried this or know the best procedure to prevent breaking anything?

Thanks!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Is your car turbo or non turbo?Its not that hard take your time and be careful and you wont have any problems.If you need and more info I will help you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 30 2004, 08:44 PM)Is your car turbo or non turbo?Its not that hard take your time and be careful and you wont have any problems.If you need and more info I will help you.
[snapback]1406[/snapback]​

TURBOOOOO

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The turbo throttle body is a little harder.First start by removing the hose from the throttle body to the intercooler.Some people remove the cooling fan for more clearance.But can be done without removing it.The hose clamps are 7mm socket to loosen them.Once you have the hose out of the car.You can remove the throttle body but before you do follow the plug from the throttle body.You might have to remove the support bracket from the starter motor to remove the wiring for the throttle body.To remove the bracket it is 2 10mm nuts on the starter and 1 12mm bolt that goes into the block.Once you have the wiring unplugged and loose you can remove the throttle body.Remove it slowely and becareful not to touch the positive cable on the starter and ground at the same time.Just remove it very carefully.Clean it out using carb cleaner and reinstall.When reinstalling you really dont have to put the wiring back behind the starter. Good luck

P.S. Get the throttle body gasket first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tech, can I follow your instructions to clean up a non-turbo throttle body? I found out the price of throttle body gasket is only $2, and like to clean it up after solving these annoying ABS issue. Or, I can clean it up now while waiting for rebuilding the ABS module. BTW, do I have to use a GASKET GLUE to reinstall the throttle body and a new gasket? Thanks again for your help.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes you can follow these instructions for your car.Just be careful on your car because there is a hose that comes off the induction hose on the passenger side.I have seen some people brake the nipple off the induction hose because they didn't know it was there.Yes you need to replace the gasket but DON'T USE ANY GLUE ON THE GASKET.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts