Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just come back after 2 weeks of touring Scotland, or 2,300 miles to be exact
Now considering petrol over here is around 95pence / litre, and many of those miles had a heavily loaded caravan attached you can guess my fuel bill was shocking. So my thoughts are returning to an LPG conversion for my wallets sake.

Does anyone know what type of fuel injection system is fitted to my non turbo, 2.5l 1994 estate (one of the first models with the wider cam belts ). The LPG sites keep going on about "multipoint injection systems" and "complex ECUs", which appear to have the most expensive conversions, and i wondered if my volvo would only require one of the older tech and somewhat "cheaper" solution?

Im no expert on LPG, but the quotes i am getting range from £700 to £2000 for the different systems. If i can get a reliable system at the lower end of the scale then it should be worth it, otherwise i am bargaining on an already ageing car lasting many years just to return my investment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hei there in rainy England...
on my car 1996 T5 Sw have Italian system, complex, ECU, but.. happy price I have paid here for company named "BRC"- 1000 eur... with petrol prices raising at 1eur per liter.. it's paing off in 32-35 000 km... If you be considering changing a car into newer.. well take away LPG and put into that new car...no problem. But never go for cheap solution.
More things i have wrote on ohter LPG issues.. just search here for "LPG". I am happy with it. Thats "medical fact".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts