Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an Audi allroad owner. Like the car but a little boring. Was thinking of a new S4 but the new body is just plain ugly. Like the look of the S60 R -- havent driven one. Any big probs I should know about? reliability? Engines blowing up? Transmission falling out? Brakes shuddering? Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
So far everything has been good with them.They are an amazing car nice power and great handling.
You will love it once you test drive one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my brother has one, 4wd offers great handling, also thanks to its traction control systems which cleans up even the worse mess of the driver. however due to its great weight, you cant push it to the limit without traction control it tends to understeer. if you want to buy it only for reliability and safety i would save 10,000+ euros and buy the normal s60 4wd. if you look for power, s60r is your pick.
my bro says after more than a year since he's had it, it get boring.
my personal pick would be a bmw/alpina b3

·
Registered
2 Posts
you see i think you are all wrong here if you look at the specs on the S60R it is pretty dam close to the specs of the evo VIII. the weight is not the problem its only 200lbs hevier then the evo and that is mitsubishi's top car for performance even the tracion controll is dam nere the same. so dont under estimate the S60R it can put down AUDI S4 any day of the week and besides most people dont know about the S60R and take it lightly giving you the uper hand. if this is still not enough for you go to evolvecars.com and you can get the best upgrades for it making it 500bhp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts