Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most cars have neat little things that ya may never know about. I just bought a 01 S60 T5, got a great deal on her, and she is loaded, but no owners manual... So I had to guess a few things, like how to set the seats, and radio presets....

But what else can ya tell me about the car I may not know? Like what is the deal with the trunk floor, that stands up? Just to divide it?

any info is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can probably grab a manual on EBAY. I've been looking for a good shop manual for the S60 but haven't found one yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a question...

My parking lights don't seem to "chime" when they are left on..... I accidentally left them on twice, but no warning.

Do they turn off automatically after some time perhaps?

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I just got a S60 myself, a 2002. I haven't left the parking lights on so I don't know about the chime. The manual doesn't say anything about it. Hope you enjoy your S60. I know I'm going to enjoy mine.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You can either leave the healight switch in the on position or the off position and you will have headlights and never have any problems.You can leave the headlights in the on position all the time and they will work with the key.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please explain more on the head lights...(I've gone through many batteries on my DEL SOL b/c it didn't chime).

If I understand what you said previously, if the headlight switch is OFF there must be a nighttime sensor that will turn the headlights on when needed. I guess the only reason to have the headlight switch is for day time drivng lights?

How long do the head lights stay on after I remove my key and lock the doors?

If I leave the head light switch in the ON position and start the car, will the headlights come on automatically during daytime drivng?

(I guess I should be reading the manual....)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Owner's manuals are available at volvocars.us -- there's a link for owner's information in the upper right hand corner. From there you can enter the year and model and select the documents you'd like. Good luck with the new car!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(EdinDC @ Apr 27 2005, 12:09 PM)Owner's manuals are available at volvocars.us -- there's a link for owner's information in the upper right hand corner. From there you can enter the year and model and select the documents you'd like. Good luck with the new car!
[snapback]7257[/snapback]​

Thanks!! Read the whole thing, and learned a TON!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If you leave the switch in the on position the lights turn on and off with the key.
If you leave it in the off position the daytime running light work with the key the same.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I just bought an 05 S60 R. The trunk floor that stands up is part of the touring package. When u stand it up, there should be a strap that will hold a bag or two.

With the headlights, if u have a model with daytime running lamps and leave the switch in the O spot, the headlights will automatically come on when it gets dark. If u leave it in the on spot all the time the headlights are always on. They will go off as soon the ignition is swithced off.

I hope that helps...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts