Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone be able to give me specific installation instructions for installation of a tachometer?

Thanks,

Pmg

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Are you installing an aftermarket one?If so I'll let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 23 2004, 08:14 PM)Are you installing an aftermarket one?If so I'll let you know tomorrow.
[snapback]1286[/snapback]​

Volvo tach and clock kit which should replace the large clock.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Do you have the whole guage cluster if so I think you can just plug in the whole cluster and it will work.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If you don't have the whole cluster the red/white wire it the tach lead for the tach.

·
Registered
740 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 27 2004, 11:06 PM)If you don't have the whole cluster the red/white wire it the tach lead for the tach.
[snapback]1349[/snapback]​

Dear Tech,
I'd appreciate help on this topic too. I would like to replace the std clock on a 1988 240DL with a tachometer from a 1986 240GL. From your post it looks like you can swap instrument clusters but I'd like to keep the original speedo (the '86 GL odometer has 240,000 miles on it!). What would be easiest: Putting the GL tacho in the original DL cluster or putting the original DL speedo in the GL cluster?
Does the DL and GL cluster have the same wiring?
Is the red/white wire attached to the large tacho or is it used only for a separate 52 mm unit?
Thanks,
EMT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts