Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Monte ss and during acceleration it bogs down until I let up on the gas pedal and press down again.
I have replaced all spark plugs and wires and it got a little better. i also had the intake gasket replaced because it was leaking and may have cause my CAT to clog.
I want to get your opinions before I buy a new one thanks guys!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a 2000 Monte ss and during acceleration it bogs down until I let up on the gas pedal and press down again.
I have replaced all spark plugs and wires and it got a little better. i also had the intake gasket replaced because it was leaking and may have cause my CAT to clog.
I want to get your opinions before I buy a new one thanks guys!
i have a little xp with cars ive had over the years at the moment i have a diesel but did have a clogged cat on a vw golf petrol engine that didnt become a problem untill mot time at whitch point it failed emissions, i replased the cat myself for a used module but i suspect the old one could be cleaned, if inded your cat is glogged this could symptomatic of outher problems whats your oil consumption like could be throwing oil, blow by? i would check all the filters, air filter, fuel filter

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a large batch of poorly manufactured catalytic converters shipped by GM when these models rolled off the assembly lines in '00 and '01.
It's definitely worth checking out. Additionally, when a cat is clogged and causing poor performance, it usually glows red if you look at it after a drive. Get it changed as soon as possible if you see that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts