Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a true desire for being faster than the next guy. I went to svenskeracing.com, being referred to it from the general forum. Every part was for the S60 or S60R. I emailed them 5 days ago and got no response. I would like to know if any of those upgrades fit my 1998 C70 2.3 liter high pressure turbo coupe. What caught my eye was a ported exhaust manifold which I heard MIGHT fit, the unorthodox racing underdrive pulley set-which I really want!, and an upgraded k24 turbo, which itself should give 40 hp to the stock k24 in the 2.5 liter S60R. I don't know what kinda turbo I have on my C70. Could it be a k24? If not would the S60 k24 bolt right in? The reason I ask all of these questions is I have reason to believe that all of Volvos 5 cyl engines are the same block but with different heads and/or cranks, etc giving different displacement. I checked every page in the general forum and the S60 forum and found no answer. Nevermind ECU associated parts. I am sure they will vary from the S60, but what BOLT ONS will fit my C70 from the S60?

Thanks,

Anthony.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I think I put up the link. There was a "falling out" between Svenske and the parent company. I dont think Svenske is operational at this point. It looked like a long story. If I put up the link, Ill remove it for now. Sorry about that

I dont think the exhaust manifold would have fit anyway, yours is a 2.3, the s60 R is 2.5. I assume the turbo wouldnt fit either. If the c70 and s6o are diff engines and platforms, I dont think much swapping is possible.

I saw that Evolve doesnt have alot for the c70, but I find them very helpful, maybe they can point u in the right direction.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, S60 R for the prompt reply.

The guy just emailed me back and says he does keep the underdrive pulleys in stock for the 740 760 and 850. I am pretty sure the ones from the 850 will fit my car right?
Also, evnthough the displacement varies between the 2.3 c70 and the 2.5 s60, they could still be the same engine block with the exception of bore and/or stroke.
Honda, for example does this alot. The Accord 3.0 V6 is the same exact block as the 3.2 Acura TL. Headers are advertised as Accord V6/ TL headers. The head from the 1.6 liter civic si engine can be put on the 1.8 acura integra gsr block and give it about 20 extra horses and more aggressive cam timing. I can go on all day about honda, but this is a volvo site. Sorry to do that.
But back to the notion that, "all Volvo 5 cyl blocks are the same", Can anyone prove or disprove this theory? I think it makes for an interesting topic. Take for example, if an S60 R exhaust manifold flows better than my C70 manifold and bolts in, how cool would that be? You don't need any aftermarket stuff at all.

Looking forward to your replies,

Anthony.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(lextildeath @ Sep 15 2005, 08:52 PM)Thanks, S60 R for the prompt reply.

The guy just emailed me back and says he does keep the underdrive pulleys in stock for the 740 760 and 850. I am pretty sure the ones from the 850 will fit my car right?
Also, evnthough the displacement varies between the 2.3 c70 and the 2.5 s60, they could still be the same engine block with the exception of bore and/or stroke.
Honda, for example does this alot. The Accord 3.0 V6 is the same exact block as the 3.2 Acura TL. Headers are advertised as Accord V6/ TL headers. The head from the 1.6 liter civic si engine can be put on the 1.8 acura integra gsr block and give it about 20 extra horses and more aggressive cam timing. I can go on all day about honda, but this is a volvo site. Sorry to do that.
But back to the notion that, "all Volvo 5 cyl blocks are the same", Can anyone prove or disprove this theory? I think it makes for an interesting topic. Take for example, if an S60 R exhaust manifold flows better than my C70 manifold and bolts in, how cool would that be? You don't need any aftermarket stuff at all.

Looking forward to your replies,

Anthony.
[snapback]15442[/snapback]​

I never knew that. I guess its cheap for production costs. Dont know about the rest of your questions though, sorry.

Good luck...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check this out: S60 R exhaust manifold
says it fits the C70.
Another thing. "850 pulleys" sounds kinda generic. Do the light pressure turbo engines (850/70 series) have different pulleys than the high pressure turbo engines?

Anthony.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Any idea how much more power it gives u? I looked around but didnt see anything. I havent really looked around, but that seems like a good price for an exhaust manifold, especially if it gives a good amount of power.

I dont know about the pulleys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts