Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody! i am new is this forum! i drive a V70 from 2000. i am a sound fanatic and i am already pretty satisfied with my sound system... it is a stock one from volvo. the bass is ok but for my tast not enough. i know that volvo offers a subwoofer for all their cars.

my question: has volvo preinstalled a wire for the radio signal that goes to the subwoofer in the trunk, even if i did not order the original volvo sub from the beginning? thanks in advance. ChRiS

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I forget if the 2000 is wired or not.The 2001 is semi wired and the Sub comes with the pigtail to finish hooking it up.
There might be some wiring hidden but Im not 100% sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so if there is any wiring it should be pretty easy so instal the sub... how do i find out if there is already wiring ( where is it hidden) ? thanks for ur replay by the way.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If there is any wiring there it will be under by the spare tire at the rear most part of the body.By where the latch is for the rear hatch.
See if there is any wiring that leads no where.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm interested in this myself. I have the same, a 2000 V70, and have a sub out of my old car, and an amp. Will the wires be able to plug straigh into my sub, or is it just a remote cable for my amp?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The wiring if it is there is set up for a factory amp.
If you install an aftermarket amp you will have to run wires fro the power and ground.Then convert from speaker level to RCA.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That does look like it.
You may want to test it with a test light to make sure it is not for trailer wiring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but how do i test it? does anyone know which of the kabel is for the remote signal from the radio plus the audio signal from the radio? ChRiS

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I would say the easiest way to test would be leave the key off and turn on the hazard lights first and make sure you get no flashing signal from any of the wires.

If you don't then turn on the ignition and test the wires when you find all that get power turn the radio on and see if anymore light up if so it will be the remote from the radio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts