Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 17 year old daughter has a 1990 240 DL. The sun roof was cranked open and when trying to close it , it got to about 2 inches or so from being closed and then stopped. The handle will not go around anymore. Any advice on how to correct this problem would be appreciated.
Kindest regards.
Ben

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You can try removing the handle and working the cables to get it closed and then reinstall the handle.Some times one cable will jump and throw it all out of time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(Ben G @ Jan 19 2005, 03:39 PM)My 17 year old daughter has a 1990 240 DL. The sun roof was cranked open and when trying to close it , it got to about 2 inches or so from being closed and then stopped. The handle will not go around anymore. Any advice on how to correct this problem would be appreciated.
Kindest regards.
Ben
[snapback]2418[/snapback]​

remove the crank handle (1 screw) and the crank gear (2 screws). push the sunroof back to the full open position. wind the gear back to back (open) all the way till it stops and than foward 1 turn. re-install gear and handle and it should work.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Thanks for the back up Apsuther it's been about 5 years since I messed with a manual sunroof.I knew there was a trick but couldn't remember off hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts