Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and Thanks in advance for any help--

Just got a wonderful '67 122 S which appears to be in mint condition inside and out w/ rebuilt engine (25k on it)--and I had it shipped up from Fremont CA. After driving it from the shipper (~90 miles), stopped, and started again, then parked, and it would not start-- it has now got a starter button (old choke bypassed), new starter motor was put ion last fall by previous owner. Did then start--and that evening, after driving, when I went to re-start-- it would not, until we jiggled the wires inadvertently, and then the blinkers would not blink
. More jiggleing-- blinkers worked, but still no start til the morning. Fine all day yesterday, and today, til tonight, drove to work,and it would not start again. Before I got there, blinkers were somewhat erratic-- then stopped blinking.

Al the wires are easy to see, and I am thinking it is sometning to do with connections-- and changes in temp (you know-- like a 30-40 degree drop).

Don;t imagine it is a faulty starter motor--or starter switch-- and why the blinkers problematic, too???

I just hope I can start it before tomorrow when people get to work!!
M. Dutton

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Hey, hey!

A 122! Congrats on your purchase!

For me, still couldn't bring myself to touch one - what more purchasing...
Too antique that I don't want to break the wheel or something just by taking a corner. Well, I'm a big guy, so weight does matter...

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Nice photo, man!
Would be great if you could showcase it at the Garage for the rest to drool on!

Unfortunately, I am not familiar at all, with the electrical issues of the 122 you just mentioned. Terribly sorry...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your response--and the compliments on this beauty of a car. I have resolved th electrical issue-- battery was being discharged as there was a problem with te voltage regulator (?)-- corroded connection--so ne amps back to the battery (or similar idea). All is well now!

How do we post photos to the "garage"?
Melinda D.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Hi Melinda,

To maintain the mint condition of the car, you may want to consider getting a Voltage Regulator or Stabiliser. The one I attached below is rather a simplistic and cheap one, but works as well!

Click on the Garage button 'Spanner Head icon', and go from there...

See you there!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi A.B,

There is a voltage reg. (Bosch) (luckily) --it was installed in January by previous owner. I did a little reading-- and understand, and it is interesting...so, I think we are good thus far!

Melinda

(will do the "Garage" soon...!)

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts