Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have Volvo 850 2,0 T5 1994 and problem with starting engine.

When engine is cold I must turn the starter about 3-5 sec, and the engine starts.
But when the engine is hot (normal temperature) is very diferent:
When I turn off after riding and start immediately it start well (1 sec) , when car stay about 5+10 minutes it start , drop and start well, but after 15 minutes I must turn 5-10 sek.
I don't think so that is normal.
If I start cold engine and turn off after moment , it start well next time.

What is wrong ? Some sensor, pump, to high temperature of some elements ????
Please help me.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Try to have the fuel pressure checked.Sometime when the cars sits the fuel will drop back into the tank.Then when you start it up it has to push the fuel back up.If that is the case you will have to replace the pump assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank You for reply

I think about this , but when I go fast (4000-6000 rpm) I have full power.
I don't feel lack of fuel. I have good acceleration..
But of course I check it.
What preasure must be and where it looked ? Near fuel filter or engine is the same value ?

Best regards
Michael

EDIT:
I looked something like this :
"Cold Start Injector. [Query] What are the symptoms of a failed cold start injector? [Chris Herbst] The cold start valve adds more fuel to the start and cold run mixture for better performance when starting and first started. Then it shuts off. By the way, don't let "cold start valve" and "cold start injector" fool you. They are the same thing. Symptoms often include failure to run without foot on the pedal, and failure to keep running at cold idle. If it fails, it could cause you to have to crank longer on cold starts, although similar conditions on warm start would be less abnormal and more likely to be a fuel supply problem. First see if you read line voltage from the wiring harness to the cold start injector when cranking after the car has sat overnight in cool weather. If the "3-2-1" diagnostic code persists, the cold start valve is faulty. "

I have this faulty code !!!

What You thin about this and maybe You know where it is located ???

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
IM not sure where it is.The point I was trying to make about the fuel pressure is sometimes the pump goes bad.When that happens when the cars sits for a while the fuel drains back into the tank.Then when you start it up if takes longer to get the fuel to the injectors.The pressure should be 300 KPA or about 44 PSI.It should hold the pressure overnight.If it doesn't then the pump is bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.