Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tech,

Here's one of those Get-Tech-to-check-it-out-first-before-purchase questions. (Also applicable to snorrih and others)

What do you think of this:-
http://www.brakehosekit.com/PRO-RS%20Hose%...ecification.htm

How does it look to you. Sure enough, the price is premium compared to the original Volvo one, which should cost about half of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd take the Volvo hoses at half the price.

There are plenty of parts to replace, and I don't really see the point of super-duper brake hoses unless you're going all the way with major upgrades to the drivetrain and brakes.

Besides, I'm a cheapskate

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snorrih,

We have a lot in common.
I too, am a cheapskate at times - especially I went to see the mechanic this morning and had a quite long man-to-man talk on the car. After a few investigations, we concluded that, there is nothing wrong with the present braking system on the car. The braking power is already good. The brake hose kit is also not damaged yet. On top of that, the ABS Modulator was already replaced about two weeks after I took delivery of the car, that day. Furthermore, I do not feel like it is taking a longer time for me to stop now?

And on top of that, the mechanic added, that if and unless I decide to take the car to the track, I shouldn't keep wasting money by changing stuff that's aren;t the problem.

I was taken aback. For a tad of a while.

This coming from a guy who just a month ago, wanted me to spend a few thousands on a few things that I considered unnecessary then. Hmmm... Maybe I should reconsider what he suggested. Ahaks.

Anyway, Tech. I am definitely going to use the PRO-RS brake hose kit. But not now lah. The reason why I asked is to know if the brake hose would really help or would it make things worse for the car. In any case, I am definitely going to change it - but not now. Maybe in a nother six months or so.

Thanks, Tech and Snorrih!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're gonna have a gathering soon. I am eager to see the 855T5 with the steel-braided brake hose-kit and interview him!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far, the responses have been positive from the members who have them installed.

Either on 240s or 850s, the steel-braided brake hose kit gave the owners the extra 'feel' when braking. To the extent that they unanimously recommended me to get it.

However, probably due to its success, the promotion period for my model, has been lifted.
So, i guess, back to square one lah - wait until this ori unit gets problematic before changing it.
Hehehe...

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(ampangbear @ May 11 2005, 10:19 PM)So far, the responses have been positive from the members who have them installed.

Either on 240s or 850s, the steel-braided brake hose kit gave the owners the extra 'feel' when braking. To the extent that they unanimously recommended me to get it.

However, probably due to its success, the promotion period for my model, has been lifted.
So, i guess, back to square one lah - wait until this ori unit gets problematic before changing it.
Hehehe...
[snapback]7731[/snapback]​

Or it goes back on sale again

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had the chance to interview another two satisfied users of the brake-kit. They unanimously agree that it dissolves and eliminates the little spongy feeling when braking...

And what's more interesting to note is that, apparently, it's even CHEAPER than the original Volvo parts, by like RM10.00!

I'm gonna get it.... I'm gonna get it... I'm gonna get it....

Thanks for your wishes, man!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
my brake lines are steel and still work

I cant see how any sponginess could be attributable to the lines [but I CAN see all the other classic reasons for such]

I cant see any reason to change the brake lines [cept if money burns hole in pocket]

in fact if anything the braided lines would INCREASE sponginess as they must surely have some expansion compared to a solid line

any comments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.