Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 1995 850 GLT Wagon with 75k miles.
The SRS warining light is luminated.
Does this warning light come on after the recommended 10 year inspection/replacement time? Or is there something else to consider?

Can I disable the airbag system? If so, can it be selective (i.e. the front passenger seat only)

Interested in your feedback.

Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The air bag light comes on when there is a fault in the system.It does not come on when the time has expired on the airbag life.There really is no way to disable it legally.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
The dealer that I bought it from has offered to physically remove the airbags when they expire, to avoid it from 'popping out' unnecessarily during drives. It's supposed to expire in 2006 July.

I guess the risks of having the airbags removed would be on me then. On the other hand, if I don't have it removed after expiry, there are also risks of it popping out unnecessarily. But has anyone ever heard of that happening?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
OK lah. If that's what it will take for the SRS to blow up. I mean, it's not like it'll just pop out of a sudden anyway, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.