·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
when I went to start my car today, this message appeared on the left display:

SRS-AIRBAG
SERVICE URGENT

I searched around and found a couple of ways to reset it, but they didn't work.
I have a 2001 S80, everything worked perfectly until this message came up.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I could try?

Thanks,

Eli

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It will have to be checked by either a dealer or a shop that has a scanner that can pull srs codes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 16 2005, 06:46 AM)It will have to be checked by either a dealer or a shop that has a scanner that can pull srs codes.
[snapback]3443[/snapback]​

Yeah, I was afraid it would be something like that. Well, at least the SRS system has a 5 year unlimited mile warranty. I have it scheduled to go to the dealerhip on Thursday. They said that if it only needs to be reset, or that a fault is found in the SRS system, that I will not be charged.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I went to the Ravenna Volvo dealership today. Let me tell you, I was actually impressed. I called the day before to make an appointment. They even had a new S40 for me to drive as a loaner. They replaced the driver side seat belt buckle cover, and scanned the codes. They found many codes stored, but none that were causing problems with the car. They cleared all the codes, and the SRS Service Message did not re-appear. No part failures were found. All in all, it cost me absolutely nothing. I'll definitely go back there for future service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts