Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced a dash light bulb on the back of the speedo cluster. To do this I had to remove the speedo cluster for all of 2 minutes... When I put it back in none of the guages work and the speedo does not work either...Is there a fuse specific for these guages? also where can I find out what wires should be hot at the back of the speedo cluster when the car is running.

I have taken a test light and tested to see if there is power in the wires at the back of the speedo cluster.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? I have no gas guage, no Speedo, and no temp guage...But the dash lights now work...(great)

Thanks,

-Benevolance

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Is there a possibility you forgot to connect a plug?I think your car has 3 plugs on the back of the cluster.Recheck and make sure you didn't forget a plug.
Also check the curcuit board it should wrap around plastic where the plug goes make sure it is in properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the speedo cluster in and out ten times... Looking at all the wires... I cannot see anything not hooked up.

I have also looked at the circuit board itself...What is the best way to test the guages to make sure that they indeed work?

-Benevolance

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The best way would be to have a wiring diagram and check for power at all the wires.Im sorry but I dont have axcess to one any more other wise I would have gotten one for you. Im not sure if there are any fuses either.Sorry I couldn't help anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts