Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried changing plugs last night and wires, and one of the plugs wouldn't fire. During the troubleshooting process though I lost track of the wires and have searched through my maintenance CD and the internet and can't find the ridiculously simple diagram that states which wires go where! Can someone please help?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Edin, but my distributor isn't circular like those. All the sockets are in line with each other. Do you know from left to right (looking from the front of the car) which go to the plugs from back to front?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, in case anyone else is looking for this info, here is the answer.

If you are standing in front of the car looking into the engine bay, the distributor cap has 4 plugs from left to right.

The engine plugs are numbered from the rear (1, closest to firewall) to the very front (4, closest to radiator)

. . . 1 . . 2 . . 3 . . 4
. . . | . . | . . | . . |
1-----| . . | . . | . . |
. . . . . . | . . | . . |
2-----------| . . | . . |
. . . . . . . . . | . . |
3-----------------------|
. . . . . . . . . |
4-----------------|

The 3 and 4 wires are swapped, which is what threw me off. Hope this is helpful to somebody.

Nathan

·
Registered
16 Posts
actually cylinder number FOUR is closest to the fire wall. on the dist from front of car left to right order is 4312 according to my 93 940 ( which is the same as yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts