Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any advice on tire choices for winter driving in my 1992 240 Volvo. I grew up on snow country, but haven't owned a RWD vehicle since 1983!..... On my FWD or AWD vehicles, I've only used very good All Season tires and they performed admirably in most conditions. So, here are my questions....

* Looking for brands/types of snow tires for my '92 240 that somebody has used and likes....
* Thoughts on chains or Spider Spikes for Winter driving?
* I live in NYC and do tend to drive in most winter conditions....

david

·
Registered
160 Posts
add a set of any brand name like good year on bf goodrich et al snow tires mounted on a cheap set of steel rims and you should be fine. If going into really heavy duty snow country then buy yourself a set of caable chains in an auto parts store. good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look up consumer reports for the best tire.I used michelin artic alpine(costco is cheapest place to buy)They were rated the best in braking and traction.All I can say is SIPPED!They were pushing snow that was all the way up to my door panals on my former 95' 850 wagon(FWD)They performed better than the studded snow tires I have on my 4wd pick up.I am really impressed with the sipped tire

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have Artic Alpin Snow and Ice Radials on my 91 240 as well. They work great.

Just a side note , at the local drag races in summer, for some, these are the tires of choice, they have that much bite. ( the rulebook considers them original equipment so they're legal).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts