Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody

I'm Razib from Malaysia. I just received my new S40 2.4i Safari Green 3 weeks ago. I must tell you I'm extremely delighted with the car -indeed it is a headturner. No problem so far with it but just praises to Volvo. Thought this forum would be a good place to share our experiences in future.

However, I'm a little bit dissapointed with the shallow cupholders. I wonder if any of you guys got any innovative ideas as to how to fully utilize it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Sweden they fitted rubber rings inside the cup holders free of charge...
Maybe they are on the way to Malaysia???

/D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Malaysia, it comes with the rubber ring too but like Nikko said, it's still not as good/firm as those in the rear seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi people, sorry my English. I'm from Portugal... I have a 1996 S40, it has 2 cup holders between the 2 front seats, are that you are talking? Is there any way of getting a arm holder to apply? Does anyone has pictures? Thanks, by the way, I'm new at this forum and I would like to give you congratulations for it.
Thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
First of all thanks for the compliment!!!

Second they are all talking about the 2004.5 and newer S40 which is very different from yours.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I hope I didn't disappoint you are anger you.

The 2004.5 is a new body style and is very different.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I dont know of these cup holders but I would think if you look in the book [maybe] it will say do not use while car in motion meaning it dont matter how shallow

so even while volvos no longer built like a tank and with BIG bumper like my 1976 version volvo still are big on safety features even if not so up front in their marketing these days

1 - 11 of 11 Posts