Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 S80 2.9 that has been experiencing a SEVERE vibration that seems to originate from the right-front end. What makes this more frustrating is that it only seems to occur when I have someone sitting in the right-fron passenger seat. I had the car in with a dealer, who had it for 10 days, and they said that everything looked okay and that it was probably something int he transmission. Of course, they told me that they would be happy to collect my $3000+ to put in a new transmission module... (by the way, this is all after they had replaced a wheel bearing, assuring me that this was the source of the problem)

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Is there a possibility that it is the tires? Some times the tires are out of round and will do the same thing.The easiest way to fing out is to switch the R/S fron and rear tires and then drive and see if it is still there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer mentioned this at one point early on, and was to switch the tires around to thest the theory. Nothing came of it, assuming, of course, that they did this at all. I am planning to take the car to another dealer's service group. What are other possibilities?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Other posibilities are bent suspension componants,Bad axle shaft,Or bad transmission.

Also forgot to add the lower control arm bushings being bad could cause that to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts