Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I just had my XC90 serviced at a local Volvo Service center and the Tech forgot to reset the 'Regular Sevice Required' message on the message center.
Is there any way that I can reset this myself?
I know on some other cars there is a way to reset the message center w/o going to a service center.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Procedure:

Press and hold the the odometer reset button then turn the ignition switch to run. When the service reset flashes, release the odometer reset button. Confirm by turning the ignition off and on again.

Follow this precidure.But watch for a little ! in a traingle between the tach and the speedo to flash instead of the service light.That is due to you have a message instead of a light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2008 Volvo XC90. The "time for regular service" message came on. I typically do my own services on my car and had reset it in the past, but for some reason the same procedure didn't work this time.

1. turn key to position 1
2. hold trip button down
3. turn key to position 2 while still holding trip button down
4. The orange triangle will flash 4 times. I released the trip button before the fourth flash and it reset the service light. There seems to be a slight time lapse between the third and fourth flash. If I released the trip button after the fourth flash of the triangle, it would not reset.

Hopefully, this will help someone else. There are many posts on resetting service lights and there are slight variations based on model and year. I did not have to lock the doors or turn the headlights off as mentioned in some posts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts