Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Tech.

I notice today while driving along and the service light goes off. But when i shut of the engine and restart it again it would come on again and drive it for two or three block it would goes off again and same again when shut off the engine. Any concern or something is wrong with the the car. Thanks in advance.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Thats the way it is designed.It comes on at start up and stays on for so long and goes out till you start up again.Since it is a reminder light thats why it is programmed to go off till next start up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello Virakborros,

Funny you mention the reseting of the service light, mines on too! I was looking into how to reset the service indicator myelf, but I want to finish my tune up first. I have not tested this proceadure out yet, please let me know if it works. It's worth a try!

Procedure:

Press and hold the the odometer reset button then turn the ignition switch to run. When the service reset flashes, release the odometer reset button. Confirm by turning the ignition off and on again.

I found this information from a reputable Volvo website, I hope it works for you!

Cheers!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(Radio Flyer @ Apr 14 2005, 11:35 AM)Hello Virakborros,

Funny you mention the reseting of the service light, mines on too! I was looking into how to reset the service indicator myelf, but I want to finish my tune up first. I have not tested this proceadure out yet, please let me know if it works. It's worth a try!

Procedure:

Press and hold the the odometer reset button then turn the ignition switch to run. When the service reset flashes, release the odometer reset button. Confirm by turning the ignition off and on again.

I found this information from a reputable Volvo website, I hope it works for you!

Cheers!
[snapback]6718[/snapback]​

That will work on your car radio flyer. It only works on the 99 and newer cars.
The model years from 96-98 850 and S70 you needed a reset tool.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, for everybody rreply...i was hoping that i can reset myself but ...guess have to take it to the dealer. Hope they don't charge for this. This is the only flaw ..other that car running fine. thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.