Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My service indicator is flashing can anyone tell me what that means as there is no hint in the owners manual.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Is it your SERVICE light or CHECK ENGINE LIGHT?If it is the check engine light it means there is a missfire in one of the cylinders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Dec 7 2004, 05:37 PM)Is it your SERVICE light or CHECK ENGINE LIGHT?If it is the check engine light it means there is a missfire in one of the cylinders.
[snapback]1549[/snapback]​

The service light is flashing

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The light may need to be reset.The service light is a reminder light for the oil change services.A special tool is needed to reset the light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(mcmanuss @ Dec 21 2004, 12:39 AM)The service light is flashing
[snapback]1798[/snapback]​

The problem went away wzhen I adjusted the levels of coolant which were a little low

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are an IPD subscriber (parts whse) a number of the models/years can be reset without tools. (www.ipdusa.com)

1993-1995 can be reset without tools.
1996 - 1998 require a reset tool. IPD may sell this - not sure.
1999 - 2000 can be reset via following a few steps (no tools)

Instructions for 1999-2000:
1. turn the ignition switch to position 1 (off)
2. Only the SRS indicator light is illuminated on the dash panel.
3. This is a two handed process: while pressing the trip mileage reset button,
turn ignition swith to position 2 (II). The service light will begin to flash in
15 - 30 seconds. as soon as it flahes release the reset button.
4. Turn ignition switch off. The service lamp should now be reset.

If doesn't work (which I found works everytime) go through all steps again. Swede in Colorado

·
Registered
12 Posts
works like a charm... does this work on all volvos? S40s or S60s? I did it in a V70 2000, but I have a 2001 S40 T4 at home with the service light on... I'll try anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts