Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This is my first post as I have just purchased my first Volvo - a 940SE Estate. I'm learning to reverse park all over again!

I'm having a bit of a problem and hope someone may have the answer: My seat belt warning light goes on and off for no apparant reason. Of course I do have my seat belt fastened! It seems to be upset and settled on bumpy roads. Should I try replacing the relay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.

No door chime. I also noticed today that the sometimes the relay keeps clicking but the warning light stops!

Is it possible just to disconnect this feature? I don't need reminding to put my seatbelt on as I always have done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm replying to myself....

Ok, I had a little time yesterday so I chased the wire that connects to the seatbelt recepticle and found it went under the drivers chair. The cable is attached to the bottom of the seat with a couple of other wires. I tried to take the seat cover off to get better access but failed. I found that if I did this type of motion:
in my seat, it set the warning indicator off. I'm now assuming it's some sort of loose connection. As it happens, after the fiddling and bouncing, the problem has gone! Here's hoping it's gone for good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It happens in my volvo too. If I click the seat belt shut and leave it, its ok. but if i push it in more and hold it, it starts to flash the warning light.

also i think i should give you this WARNING!!! If you disconnect your seat belt warning light. And you then have a crash. YOUR INSURANCE WILL BE VOID. Don't disconnect your warning lights. Warning lights are there for a reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts