Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New owner of a prestine, '99 S80 here. So far loving the car.

The one problem I have is the sat navigation (RTI) system. Technicaly, it functions. I can input an address in the UK, it can start to guide me there, no worries.

The only problem is the location is wrong. There are three instances of my home street name in London, UK. Depending on where I am in the city, the system will plot a course to a different place (but never my home address). Even when the car IS at my home and I punch in my address, it still plots a course to some other location.

I'm assuming the software (CD based) has never been upgraded, but I'm still a bit dubious about this because it doesn't seem to recognise a vast majority of the small-medium towns I try inputting. Does this system just work on major cities? I don't want to shell out £200 for upgraded software just to find the same problems there.

Has anyone run into this before? It seems to me that there should be a way to alert the driver to a possible conflict when more than one address exists in the selected town?

Sorry for the long and rambling note! Thanks in advance.

Geoffrey

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Hi Geoffrey,

Firstly welcome aboard!

I do not have much experience nor knowledge on the GPRS-enabled cars, and I think there are not many of them around in my country anyway. If they are most probably just the ones post 2002.

As such, I would suggest you contact a few dealers on this, and summarise your findings.

Thanks, and sorry I couldn't be much use here. Hope the other members with more experience could help you on this one.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Make sure you clear out all the old locations in the system and see if it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts