Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read through my car manual alot to better understand all of my car's features. On page 16 of the 04.5 S40 it states that the seatbelt reminder light will remain on until the driver and passenger both buckle their seatbelt. An audible tone will also be heard. MY CAR DOESN'T DO THAT!! The Volvo dealership in Richardson, Texas says that all the S40's do the same thing and there is nothing wrong with my car. Please check to see if your car does this and let me know.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The passenger seat has a weight sensor in the seat and some times it needs to be calibrated.Complain to the service dept at your local dealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tech,
I just had my car serviced yesterday for the 7,500 mile maint. and I was told once again that there is nothing wrong with the seatbelt reminder. The service guy told me that this feature only works on the 05' models. How can this be? Every car I have ever driven in my life reminds you to put your seatbelt on until you do. Why would one of the safest car manufactures just decided not to put a saftey feature on a specific year model. Yes the passenger seat does have a weight sensor for the airbag but this defect affects both the driver and passenger seat. Neither the salesman or the tech there could give me a straight answer. They both had different stories of why the reminder didnt work. Am I making more out of this then I should? I just dont understand why the car manual would tell me something and then the car really doesnt even do that. This could even just be a typo in the American manuals but shouldnt something be done about that. Who could I contact? Thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I drove an 04 1/2 for about 70 miles and it was on till i fastened my belt and when i had a passenger it stayed on till the fastened their belt.In the owners manual there should me a phone# that you can call to complain.They might get you incontact with a VOLVO factory Rep to explain how it works.I hope this help a little.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i dont think its a problem, i had the same issue and i was told it was to do with doors

if i open the rear door and close it... when i turned the ignition on, it will say no rear belts in use

if i turn the car off and on again, it resets and its gone. i dont think there is weight sensors in the back but more door sensors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts