Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can anybody let me into the secret of adjusting the return springs on the belts they used to spring back into the covers now they just hang &flop about & are a nuisance getting caught up in the doors amongst other things.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
QUOTE(J.Don. @ Apr 27 2005, 06:28 AM)Hi,
Can anybody let me into the secret of adjusting the return springs on the belts they used to spring back into the covers now they just hang &flop about & are a nuisance getting caught up in the doors amongst other things.
[snapback]7200[/snapback]​

well I have other problem ie hard to get belt to come out and I have solved that by buying those seat belt "pals" which are a Velcro glove that slides over the belt and sits across shoulder to pad the belt [especially in Oz when driving nude
]

but please take off the plastic cowling on door strip and after fully extending the belt hit it with WD 40 or silicon spray, then jiggle it while spraying more to get the little cams a flapping

then your problem will reverse to it retracts so much it crunches yr shoulder as per the Volvo crash test dummies who feel no pain

then you do as I did and get a buddy [you adjust the position to juuuuust give slight pressure on shoulder]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.