Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
Does anybody know if I need to take off the the crankshaft pulley in order to replace serpentine belt on 99' S80. I have replacement instructions for S70, but it does not seem that I can replace the belt by following these instructions. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You need to remove the 4 screws in the outer part of the pulley and the outer part will come off then you can replace the belt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
To unload the drive belt tension, I used a 15 mm long wrench, and then connected the wrench closed end and radiator mounting hole by using a short bunge cord. And then removed 4- 13 mm vibration damper mounting bolts. I installed 4 new vibration damper bolts ($1.10/each, FCPgroton) according to the VADIS manual. Torqued 26 ft-lbs and tried to angle tighten 50 degrees. But, I was not able to rotate 50 degree more. I was very confused about this angle tightening. If the bolt needs more torque, why simple specify a little higher torque.

Does anybody has any ideas about this angle tightening?

I also installed a serpentine belt tensioner when changing my timing belt replacement since I feel the tensioner was light and bearing dried. It only costs around $45. Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
In smaller parts like that I wouldn't worry about the angle torque.

The only place that is really critical is on the headgasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts