Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have purchased a new headlamp glass cover to replace the one that was broken by a rock. I need some instuction on how to remove bumper cover or whatever needs to be removed in order to replace the glass. Is there anyone out there that has done this job before?

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE(nonnah @ Nov 4 2004, 08:02 PM)Hello, I have purchased a new headlamp glass cover to replace the one that was broken by a rock. I need some instuction on how to remove bumper cover or whatever needs to be removed in order to replace the glass. Is there anyone out there that has done this job before?
[snapback]1007[/snapback]​

*Bump*

I would also like to know how to do this. I realize that you have to remove the front bumper cover to get to the bolts on the bottom of the lights. Do the rivets that hold the plastic wheel well liners also have to be drilled out? What has to be removed underneath?

Thanks,

Eli

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You have to drill out the rivets in the inner wheel well.Then look and see if there is a t-25 torxes by the rivets.If so loosen the screw up some then push the srew in.That should loosen most of the back corner of the bumper.Next remove the black molding that runs in the middle of the fron bumper cover.That will give you access to more screws that hold the bumper cover.Also open the hood and remove the clips that are on the inside where the bumper cover meets the radiator support.Push on the center of the clips when you feel it click once it is unlocked.Then lift the clips to remove.Be careful those clips break often.You should have 2 or 3 bolts under where you removed the black molding.Then you should be able to pull on the one side that you loosened.You should be able to get the headlight screws loose with out removing the entire bumper cover.You can only loosen one side and carefully pull on it to get to the screws.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the detailed description, Tech!

Once the headlight is out, does the glass cover come off after removing the metal clips?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It should come off might be a little tight.I think they put some kind of sealer in there.Or it might just be a gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts