Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get someones opinon on the 2005 S60R vs a 3 series BMW. (I don't like the new bodystyle of the BMW's, but the ride is legendary) How would you rate them?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
In my opinion the S60R would be the way to go.I like the look of the S60R over the BMW.I haven't driven the new beemer but the S60R is a awesome car to drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've driven both, and, by far the Volvo is a more user friendly car. The Bimmer does handle a bit better, but it is far less comfortable to drive and the iDrive is extremely hard to get used to and operate (and I work at RadioShack). Plus, it is far less costly to pimp out the S60R (i.e. turbo upgrades, ECU upgrades, etc.). I am in the process of making a 550 WHP S60R sitting pretty on 22x10 giovanni's on pirelli rubbers. All in all it will cost me less then $50K total, including the price of the car ($30K). So, choose the R, if not for what I stated above, then because there are far less of them on the roads then the Bimmer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL @ radio shack not exactly NASA and why the hell would you want 22" wheels on a car ? do you actually want to go round corners in this or get any steering feel at all ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ah Yes I can help

Never mind the 330 xi, a lot smaller car. I am not a big guy but when I test drove one with my dad who is also not that big, our shoulders were very close and at time touched, so up to the 5 series we went.

I test drove the s60r and a BMW 530xi

Volvo hands down.
Mr R was more powerful, more comfortable, more versatile and out cornered its german friend.

Volvo lot better vehicle at a more comfortable price tag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts