Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, my first post :)

just got an '02 S60 2.4T and love it dearly. just wondering what kinds of performance mods i could add.....that don't void the nice long warranty if possible?

i saw the k&n drop in filter, does this actually give any gain in power? the 2.4T is 197hp stock, i was hoping to bring it up to 200-215. thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, those are some great sites. however, i still cant find an answer about the k &n filter upgrade. does this actually add any power?

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I put a K & N in my 2002 S60 (non turbo). I noticed an immediate difference. The design of the filter allows more unrestricted air flow. The theory is more air more horsepower. I use these in all of my vehicles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
awesome! ill definitely have to check it out. how do these other non-warranty-breaking mods sound?

-Silver pop-in trim rings for dashboard gauges
- volvo headrest brushed aluminum badges
- chrome S60 license plate
- black volvo floor mats (with beige leather i think this might look cool...or not..havent decided yet)
- tinted windows (already done)

and last: under-dash blue neons (would this look too cheesy?)

this is fun!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(n8thegr8 @ Jul 4 2005, 04:01 PM)awesome! ill definitely have to check it out. how do these other non-warranty-breaking mods sound?
-Silver pop-in trim rings for dashboard gauges
- volvo headrest brushed aluminum badges
- chrome S60 license plate
- black volvo floor mats (with beige leather i think this might look cool...or not..havent decided yet)
- tinted windows (already done)

and last: under-dash blue neons (would this look too cheesy?)
this is fun!

[snapback]10877[/snapback]​

Black floor mats with beige interior sounds sweet

Im looking into getting window tint right now. Do u remember what percentage tint u got, and what color is your car. Mine's silver, but Im not sure yet what tint to go with

I dont think I would put neons in my car, but u have to go with what u like. Thats all that matters

·
Registered
24 Posts
Headrest badges? BLECH!!! Those are cheesy ass stickers you put on your headrest. Same your money. The VV is way classier than that............

Blue neon, in a car with beige interior, and green dash/accessory lighting? Nah. Not my speed at least.

The trim rings for the dash are awesome. Huge difference if ya ask me. I love mine.

The black mats would probably look pretty good too.

The license plate, I dunno. I am debating a chrome one or a black one, but why an S60 one? already says S60 on the ass. Now, if you debadge, and get one, that;'s a different story.

Congrats on the car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
S60R - I don't know the exact numbers, but I think it's somewhere around 30% for the front sides, and 35-40% on the rear sides and back. Nautic blue baby!

hey rezin, thanks for the input. basically i got excited when i saw all the stuff for S60's on ebay and such
still not sure exactly what to do. the aluminum trim rings are definite though, as is the k&n. (i have set aside 100-150 to spend for my first batch of upgrades) so im trying to prioritize.

so the headrest badges look bad? these were the ones i saw

have you found any cool looking license plate frames? that particular one stuck out for me because it looked cool and was only 8.99
but yeah you're right...it would be a little redundant w/ the s60 logo.

as for the neons..i wish i could test it before buying, but i hate going through all the returns crap with online orders. maybe ill test with my bright blue led keychain light..or something. i thought blue because its not only my favorite color but also the color of the car. damn you green interior lighting!

lastly, are the trim rings easy to install? i saw the ones from IPD were $79 and snap in. theres another set from eurosporttuning. (but like $40 more and requires glue)

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I had my window tinted. In the state that I live (Kentucky) there is a maximum percent of tint that can legally be done. Some shops will do more but you could get a ticket for it. Talk to the shop and see what the law is and what they recommend. The other stuff:
Headrest badges X
Neon X
License Plate Frames OK would go with black as there is little chrome on S60's
Trim Rings OK
K & N DEFINITELY
Black Mats X Might look good but they get dirty looking a lot quicker than the tan mats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much are tickets usually? im afraid my tints are too dark..

i think my first batch of items will be either the k&n + the trim rings, or the k&n + black floor mats. ill swap em for winter, and try to keep the black ones clean

headrest badges, nixed, but ill buy them anyways cause they're only 9 bucks

neons....tested my blue bright LED, and it looks terrible. good call rezin. a weak green glow could work, but we'll see. k&n / trims rings / mats come first. thanks guys! any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Around here the tickets are usually $187.50 + court costs. About twice what a legal tinting costs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow.....*cries*

what if the dealer sold it to me like that? (used, and probably from another state with different tinting laws)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(n8thegr8 @ Jul 7 2005, 08:01 PM)wow.....*cries*
what if the dealer sold it to me like that? (used, and probably from another state with different tinting laws)
[snapback]11056[/snapback]​

It doesnt matter who installed it, or if its used or not. You might get a warning at first if the cars was used. In PA, once the car is registered in PA, the driver is responsible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
is there any way of checking the tint yourself? they should have a document with different gradients of black to see the % tint

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Ive seen tint meters that slide on the top of a window. If u went to a tint shop, they could probably just tell u or give u a sample so u can check yourself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts