Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guyes
im abt to order 2.4 Bi Fuel S60 as my company car. Any reviews , experiences , recommendations r more than welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(attsp @ Feb 14 2005, 03:56 PM)Guyes
im abt to order 2.4 Bi Fuel S60 as my company car. Any reviews , experiences , recommendations r more than welcome
[snapback]3361[/snapback]​

Go for it - - My 02 S60 has 37,000 on the clock and I work on the basis of 52 mpg equivalent which is better than diesel. Only pay 28p/litre for LPG at local Morrisons. Maybe a slight lack of power on, say, up hill slip onto M Way, but you can bang it into "petrol" for that brief period.
High point: Oslo (yes THAT one) to Leeds on one tank full
Low point: ECM needed cleaning outwith service time, but so what
Bhowani

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely get it. Is it a new one or second hand? If a new one, then it's CNG and you better be living close to a compatible station. Only 9 in the uk. The LPG is excellent. Last time I checked, I did 6p per mile. That's staggering. Can't understand why they did not sell more Bifuels. Makes so much sense

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just got rid of a Bi-Fuel CNG and bought a D5 S60. DO NOT buy the CNG model, an absolute pain filling with gas all the time. What they don't tell you in the manual is that the CNG version only does about 180mls at the very max to a tank !
The power loss is really noticable on motorways when you want to overtake also, but in fairness you do save all round on the gas price. As the previous quote said however the stations for filling are very very limited, so if you are going to buy one get the LPG version and find out the tank range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
on the mileage point, I didn't know the CNG was that bad. That's horrendous. The most I've got from running on LPG so far, has been 293miles (44-45l of lpg). I've no idea how far the 29l of petrol will bring me. It's not great but the price makes up for it. The acceleration is noticeably sluggish.

·
Registered
74 Posts
LPG is so cheap ( especially in the UK) as the TAX is frozen.

Just wait till there' a good proportaion of epople using it, and they will slap on the TAX and it will cost just as much as Diesel/petrol if not more.

Same happened with Diesel some 10 years back, it was much much cheaper than petrol as you get more MPG out of it..big push for people to buy diesel..then suddenly it's taxed more, even though it's cheaper to produce.

Gas is running out, good option now, but that will change overnight, and there isn't enough bio-gas to go around.

vipes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have any of you guys had a scent of gas from your bifuel Volvos? I sometimes get one from mine. But it is so ad hoc, I can't genuinely say that there is a leak. And there is no indication that the tank is losing gas over night. Ocasionally, the smell enters the cabin. Not nauseous but disconcerting for passengers (and this driver). Any ideas anybody?

Padraig

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI
No smells from my S60 LPG, only from the kick back you get when the reuelling hose is unlocked. Incidentally it's 11 months today that Volvo wordwide stopped making LPG cars, LHD or RHD. Alas, Yorick. Let's see what happens when the 2007 model range is introduced in mid May. I do not want to defect to Vauxhall to get the safety net of a manufacturers guarantee!
Bhowani - flat capped Northerner!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts