Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We watched the CD supplied with our new car. The CD talks about memory for each unique Key fob. It's supposed to adjust the mirrors and drivers seat to the settings as they were .."when last locked with that key" when you unlock the car. So when you open the doors with the fob, it resets seat and mirrors to settings that were, when the car was last locked with THAT fob.

Long winded, hope that 's clear.

That does not seem to happen. Please note, that with the select package, the electric seat is NOT a memory seat.

ALSO...
The CD also states that if you hold the "doors open button" down on the fob, it will open all the windows in the car (a-la VW Passat / Jetta etc). This does not happen either.

Do I have to program something or are these 2 features only available with the MEMORY drivers seat?

If so, can you convert the seat to memory? - a simple swap from a wreck? will other things have to be modified?

I'll bet this is the toughest question asked in this sub-forum!!

Thanx for all your help ladies and gentlemen.

BTW
This car freakin GOES.
The stereo kicks ass and it looks soooo goood.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That might be a miscommunication about the unlock button.I know it as you have to hit the button a second time to get the rest of the doors to unlock.

I think the remote function should work without memory seats but don't quote me on it.The best thing to do is ask the dealer when you bring it in for service and they will be able to tell you for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Jun 7 2005, 11:34 PM)That might be a miscommunication about the unlock button.I know it as you have to hit the button a second time to get the rest of the doors to unlock.

I think the remote function should work without memory seats but don't quote me on it.The best thing to do is ask the dealer when you bring it in for service and they will be able to tell you for sure.
[snapback]9265[/snapback]​

I know you can program the car for 1 button press ALL -or- 2 button presses sequence drivers door then ALL, but I think this is unrelated.

I will check with my dealer by telephone, (47mi away) but have little confidence in them. I will call the best dealer in US - Stillman Volvo, West Chester PA - still use them for my old 245 (185K mi) - just put $800.00 into that car and they actually make me feel confident that it's the right thing to do.

Thanx - anyone else?????

OuWWWwwwww Owww Ohhhhww
The kuyohtay.....
(My turbo howls like that when I push it!)
I gotta get that chip.....

·
Registered
261 Posts
kuyohtay,
You do have to have the "memory" seat feature for the fobs to adjust the seats (it is not very clear in the manual).
About the windows...it takes just a bit of practice to make it work. Start by locking the car with the fob. Wait about 10-15 seconds. Press unlock once and wait 1-2 Seconds. Press and hold unlock again for about 5 seconds and the windows should start to open. Releasing the unlock button at any time stops the windows where they are.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The 2005 does NOT have auto power-down windows - according to dealer.
The 2004.5 does.

Also, with the "European delivery" Select package, the drivers seat is power, but no memory.
Memory is an additional feature that comes with Premium package or Sport package.

This car is unique in the Select package (not available by US dealer delivery) and that's OK with me.

Thanx for your help. All of you.
Volvo was very courteous and technically informative.
See y'all soon...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Kuyohtay,
My 2005 S40 2.4i has the feature. Maybe they have removed it during 2005 but I don't think so because even the T5 that I drove while having my driver seat fixed had the "auto down" feature (and it still had the sticker on it). I am trying to get Volvo to let me install the "auto up" software that is on models in Europe. I would really enjoy that.

If this is not working on your car, you should have the dealer install the update to make it work IMO. Of course if it is not a big feature for you, then it may not matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts