Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read some post on leather care product. Someone mentioned Autoglym cream but it seams hard to get. I recently used Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Spray on part of the back seats. I found too late that it leaves a gloss finish to the leather. The S40 I have has black leather and I very much like the satin finish it has. Does anyone know what product is best to keep the original look of my leather seats?
Thanks anyone in advance...

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding Autoglym. Try e-mailing AutoGlym and ask them for the dealer handling their products in your local area.

www.autoglym.com

It is a top shelf product. Any effort to acquire it will be well worth it.

Good luck

Cheers

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch for your reply. I thought I might be the only person to not know what to do with leather seats care
I'll try that.
However would you know if it keeps the natural satin shine of the leather or is it very shiny?

Thanks again!

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Sorry about this. I don't know how to let you down. Usually, products for leather either clean or condition the leather. The cleaner is self explanatory and the conditioner is actually a layer of wax. Obviously, the conditioner is going to contain various other ingredients to help keep the wax on the leather. Such as, not melting in sun light and so on. The conditioner itself will leave a glossy finish if simply applied and left to dry. If you want a satin finish-you will need to wipe the excess off the leather. I don't know how successful that will be-but you have to understand the product. It is principally wax. Leather does dry out. If it dries out-you have a ripple effect on the surface. After all, it is a natural product also. The conditioner 'er indoors uses for your clothes washing is wax, the polish for your shoes is simply wax. As you can see, you are surrounded by wax.

I don't really think I answered your question-but I hope I demonstrated what the product is and does and its limitations. If I achieved that much-that is about all I could hope to achieve.

Good luck and keep us posted

Cheers

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was afraid of that and thought I just didn't know what's out there. But as you explained most leather products are some kind of wax to some level. I'll keep looking for more info and will share my findings if any. Just one more thing! Does any one know how dealers keep the leather in good condition when the car is on the lot?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Akash,

I don't know about coffee stains other than asking Volvo if they have leather stain of the color of your seat, however after trying couple of products I finally decided to try Volvo's leather care kit and I'm glad I did. It comes with a solvent cleaner to remove body oil and other type dirt (I don't know if it would be good enough to remove coffee stain), and also come with a leather cream which gave me much better result than conventional wax. It looked like the day I bought the car with the nice satin finish and usual UV protection. It is a little pricy but does a great job I think.

I don't know if this will help you much,

Greg

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks for that, i'll find out how much that is here
the stain was wiped while wet but you can still see a bit of the faded stain so to speak

quite annoyed with them as i dont eat/drink in the car!
i'll let you know how i get on with the volvo car kit if available in the UK

thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts