Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi to all,

I'm new to this user group and still trying to find my way around.
I bought a new S40 T5 2005 model (not 2006) and I'm excited to share my experience with it.
I'm having a lot of fun and the premium package brings the level of luxury just were I wanted it.

I only have less than 1000 miles on it. My driveway is relatively narrow and up hill. I have to pull back downhill in the morning and when I do so I hear the brake whistle. This morning was louder than usual. It seems to come from the front wheel. I only hear the brakes in this situation otherwise it is normally quite.

Does anyone know any thing about this, whether it is something with new brakes or related to the design of the brakes?

Thanks…

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Have the dealer look at it and see if something is wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Welcome Greg!

I've moved this topic to the S40 (2005) Forum.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ampangbear for moving my question to the right place

I may have to go to the dealer to have my brake checked. Just to give a small update thought, I tried something when back from work this evening. I tried to pull back after my 45 minute drive. And it didn't make any noise. I wander if there is something to it when the brakes are cold? maybe some tight tolerances when cold.

Thank again...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Gregoire,
The noise is normal if there a lot of moisture or a large temperature change while the car sits. Mine does the same thing but is fine after about 4-5 minutes. I guess it is just something in the break pads. My local dealership said that the brakes will "squeek" under those conditions. If it makes you feel better, have the service department look at them but I will bet it is pretty normal for the S40. If you find a way to fix it ...let us know.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts