Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With @1500 miles on the odometer, my dealer has front rotors ordered, due to vibration when braking. This is something I noticed when test driving the car, and waited out the break-in period to see what developed. It had 33 miles on it when delivered to us. I'm curious whether others have encountered this problem right out of the chute, so to speak, with the '05 T5(front wheel drive). The service tech told me they've never had to replace rotors on a new S40. I'm also waiting for them to figure out what to do about my popping driver's seat, which I've seen in other postings.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have not had any brake vibration problems... nor have I heard of anyone needing to have the rotors replaced that soon. The seat problem I did have. I had to go in twice (had the radio software update at that time also) to fix the problem. At first they thought it was the retaining rod for the seatbelt (that runs at the back of the seat). Instead they had to unbolt the entire seat from the floor and replace one washer that was causing the "pop" sound. Now it is fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I have had both rotors and bearings replaced on my car at around 20,000miles I was told the same First it was the front left bearing, literally picked up the car after it was replaced, noticed more noise on the other side, brought it back in, had that replaced. Picked the car up and heard more noise, brought it back in, was the rotors. Was told by dealership that is normal wear and tear. After husband spoke to them, they were able to good will them....picked up the car and 10 days later hear more noise in the tires, brought it in and am told that I need new tires...I have 29k miles on the car now, it is 2004.5 S40 T5 bought as soon as it came in in April, told the tires have abnormal wear on them and the normally have to be replaced at 35k which is where I am about at. to be continued......all I can say is to call Volvo and explain what is going on so you have it in your record for your car. The more people report this, the more educated Volvo will become. I do love my car but it has been very frustrating for me. You can check out a bit more details on one of my postings at chelbelg Good luck, and do not pay for those rotors!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts