Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas,

I am new to this forum.

Thank god i found this website. I am a not so pround owner of the new Volvo S40 2004. Have been driving the car for the past six months and guess what? Visited the authorised dealer for 5 times to sort out the squeaks and rattles.

First Defect: Front driver and passenger seats seems to be squeaking every time i make my sharp cornering.

Second Defect: Steering when idle seems to produce some rattling sound coming from the engine department.

Third Defect: Suspension seems to be rattling whenever the car passes on uneven tarmac.

Wonder any of you guys faces such similar problems??

Visited the authorised dealer several times and after some days at the volvo hanger, the problems seems to be resurfacing....

Any advise ??

Regards,

Jason8098

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Do you know what all they checked when you had it there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has a 2004 S40 - new model Increasing noise from front suspension (groaning especially when turning) Dealership firstly put grease on door locks - could have told them that it was a nonsensical waste of time. Only after I had the foreman technician come for a ride and explained that it was a 'dry bush' type noise did they realise. Apparently, Volvo has now had a few examples coming to light (including a demo car !!!) but they seem to be downplaying the problem. Technician advises he should not be disclosing the issue.

They now have the car again having received replacement parts (no details provided YET) from Sweden.

We shall see later on this week.

Rowsab
Sydney, Australia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a S40 2004, 2,4i with 70.000 km´s on the meter...

The rattling sound is something that was driving me mad, and after about a year the problem was solved... I and the service personel at Volvo still dont know what made the noise, but they changed the right-front suspension and ALL other parts that was conected to the right, front wheel, so now the "clonking" noise is finally history!!!!

And to day, the car is, for the FIRST time in over a year, as god as it was ment to be!!!
I got the driver seat clothing changed, the T-tech material had dried out and cracked!!!

If anybody really is interested about ALL the problems I´ve had with the car, give me a yell and I´ll type them down...

Have a nice weekend, its snowing here in Sweden, so I maybe will take the car for a SPINN!!!!

/Danish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts