Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 99 S-80 T-6 that I've had for a year and a half. Love the car, but two days ago I went to my gas station and could not get the fuel filler door open.

I drove home, and let it sit overnight then went over the manual, etc for info. Checked the trunk fuses and the one listed for the rear doors and fuel door is fine, but I replaced it anyway. Tried everything else in my limited scope of knowledge with no luck.

Two questions:

1. What could be the problem? I found a website for parts that mentioned a fuel filler door relay, but then couldn't find the part listed anywhere. By the way, all of the other electronic locks are working fine, including the rear doors.

2. Is there some kind of manual release? I'm on fumes now, and live in a rural area. The gas station I normally use is 15 miles away, and my closest dealer is 35 miles from here. I don't think I can make it to the dealer on what I have left.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jack

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There should be a manual overide in the trunk behind the panel.

Sounds like it is a bad lock motor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This happened to me when i first got the car. Try unlocking all the doors via electric door lock button. When my car has just the driver side door unlocked, it sometimes keeps gas door locked. So i hit unlock again and poof..gas door opens. I know this sounds too easy, but sometimes its the lil things that stumps us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Our door locked with the doors a week ago now we will walk back to the car and find the door open just a little. It is no longer locking for some reason. The spring also seems week for the light weight door. We have a service appointment next week so I will keep you posted.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Make sure the gas door hinge isn't breaking.If so it might make the door sit a little lower not allowing the pin to slide into the hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts