Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ya gand well i hope sombody can help me out with this one.we have a 86 240 gl wagon that has 171,000 miles on her that is in verry godd shapw for her age and runs verry well to but now it has a problem somtimes when im going down the road it will just die and will not start for about 10 min.or so and when it does start when i reach 2.5 rpms it will sie agian to.after about another five or six trys it will start and run great and the maybe a few days later it will do the same thing all over.ive replaced the fuel filter,the coil,fuel pump realy,the pic up coil in the dist.,put a new wiring harness on the fiel pump becase it was frayed,took off the throtel body and clend it verry well. and it is still doing the same thing sombody said it may be the big black box on the washer fluid tank the control mog.i need help i thiught i was a perty good tech. but this one has me baffeled please help me out thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(thomas e. pleasants @ May 22 2005, 07:20 AM) and it is still doing the same thing sombody said it may be the big black box on the washer fluid tank the control mog.i need help i thiught i was a perty good tech. but this one has me baffeled please help me out thanks

[snapback]8317[/snapback]​

Check that!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have an 86 240 trhat has similar problems, can i replace the 'Programa' ICI with a bosh ICU from an earlier modoel 240? The wring is differerent but the engine is the same is it not? Apologies for perhaps coming across as an **** but I can't find a replacement Programa unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts