Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a bit of trouble with my RTI system, which ended up with me having to fork out for a new autochanger in UK, then get some software downloads done when I moved to Norway. Before the move I bought a new set of UK discs (in case it was the disk that was at fault) for about £115. I have now bought a complete Europe set, which has made the UK set redundant. Anyone want to buy the UK set? Note these are CDs and not DVDs, as used in the 99 version S80.

Stephen Carey

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to get hold of some more uptoday Sat Nav Cds. I have UK from 1998 so I don't think that 1999 will be that much different. Where did you get the european CDs from and how much were they? I really need the spainish CD.

Any help greatly recieved.

PS

I have been checking ebay buy don't see anyone selling cd versions of the Sat Nav maps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The UK and NI CDs I have are new - at least they were supposed to be new as I got them from Volvo spares, but the date on them is 2003. However, they seem to have all the major new roads that have been built recently, like the A1/M1 link via Leeds etc. They also have a different menu system to the 1998 one.

When I asked about a Europe set in UK I was told that it was only available in DVD format, and that I had to buy them separately for each country (£115 each). When I got over to Norway and got my satnav fixed by the local garage here, I bought the Europe CD set for about £140, so it must be available. It has UK/NI, IRL, N, DK, S, D, CH, F, E, P, FIN, A, I and Benelux all in one pack with about 20 CDs, so really good value. It is a 2005 pack and has a part number 307529420514, CD PARt No T1000-EURO23, Western Europe, Pack No T1000-9614, then yet another part number T1000-9598. That should be enough numbers to trace it in UK!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Stephen, do you still have the CDs for the UK for sale.

My S80 is still using discs from 1999 so yours are bound to be more up to date.
Let me know .

Thanks Peter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter
Yes, my disks are still for sale. I bought them (and haven't used them) for about 115 quid. Will £80 be ok? I think they are 140 from Volvo themselves.

Stephen

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK Peter, no problem. Would you mind telling me how much you ended up paying for them? I might try advertising them on eBay myself.

Stephen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stephen, sure no problem.
I bought them from a seller in Germany for £55.00 after trying several times to purchase them from English sources. Out bid on every occasion, so there seems to be some demand in this country at least.
I am happy to say that the discs work well and are a great improvement over the old system!!
So good luck and seasonal greetings. Peter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Peter
OK, thanks for that - I'll get my son to put them on eBay as he lives in the UK.

My disks for Norway (where I live) are ok, but the mapping is not as good as UK, and neither are the directions. I assumed this was because there are only 4.5 million Norwegians and the mappers couldn't be bothered to try too hard! A more erudite friend suggests that as we are 60 degrees North here in Oslo, the satellite can only just peer over the edge of the globe, so its coverage isn't so good. Every now and then it just gets it wrong, which it didn't do in UK.

This summer I intend to use the car to dodge about the various other Scandahooligan countries, so it will come into its own more. Here there is only one road from South to North, but it has been handy to use getting to my flat and to work and back until I got used to the roads.

Stephen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts