Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My story of the 244 GL goes on.....I had the engine mounts changed to try to eliminate soem rough running and to a degree it suceeded (only slightly), and now, just diagnsoing the problem; the mechanic has told me I need drive shaft brackets changed (will do), but I also notice that the car shudders with no gear selected and not even moving anywhere........guess that can't be drive shaft or gearbox. So, while I've done engine mounts ....I probably have an inbalanced engine. What, in your expert opinions...is the most likely cause of the engine running rough enough to cause vibration at idle? I've looked inside the oil cap...yuk ! Looks like it could do with a decoke. But I also wonder about valves...would a bad valve make it so rough....electrics (cheaper to fix at my guess). As far as I know this type is injected.... may have to check that.

DW

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Have you checked for vaccum leaks everywhere (injectors)?The injection system may have to be adjusted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 27 2004, 12:31 PM)Have you checked for vaccum leaks everywhere (injectors)?The injection system may have to be adjusted.
[snapback]1329[/snapback]​

Will check and advise (for sakes of data). DW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts