Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new member here. A couple weeks ago, I tuned-up my '92 245 with 191,000 on the clock. New plugs (properly gapped!), new cap and rotor. Shortly thereafter, it started to idle rough. I checked all my vacuum lines but found nothing disconnected. I thought it may be a bad tankful of petrol since the problem started just after my last fill-up. I have since filled it with petrol from a different station, but no change. It runs fine at cruising speeds and my mpg has not suffered, but its embarrassing AND frustrating to be sitting at a red light in a brick that jiggles like a huge vibrator! Lately, it has been around 50 degrees in the morning. When I first start up, smooth idle! As is warms, it gets more choppy. Ideas, please!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Have you checked the air mass metre? Check all connections. Unplug and let idle? Any change? Also check PCV Valvwe Change if needed. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
sounds like it remains rich after the start up sequence

so you need to look at whatever does the "choking" - like on my KJetronic 1976 system it is a lump of metal called a warm up reg - on yours it will be some electronic gismo I guess

1 - 3 of 3 Posts