Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 yr old XC 70 and have noticed the trim, which roof bars sit on starting to discolour. I wondered if this trim was originally black which has been sprayed blue, I also wondered if it can be removed fairly easily and replaced or even resprayed - has anyone else come accross this?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You must be talking about the drip rail molding?

It is the molding that runs from the windsheild to the back window.

They are pretty easy to remove.

If your car has the blue package then they should have been blue from the factory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Aug 7 2005, 01:48 PM)You must be talking about the drip rail molding?

It is the molding that runs from the windsheild to the back window.

They are pretty easy to remove.

If your car has the blue package then they should have been blue from the factory.
[snapback]12998[/snapback]​

Thanks Tech
This is the molding you describe. May have a go at removing and possibly have them resprayed although find it strange why they only have discoloured in different spots.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That is kind of normal for some reason.

When you try to remove start at the windsheild.Pull on the molding towards you.You will hear a pop when it releases.You might have to buy a couple of new clips to reinstall it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2001 V70. Does anyone have information on what clips are required and do I have to remove the roof rail mounts. Would love to get sorted, ruins look of car. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts