Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I need to get hold of some roof bars for my 1995 Volvo 460 and I would like to get hold of some genuine Volvo ones. Does anyone know the part number of the correct bars, (or have any for sale) ?

I have had a look on ebay, but I want to ensure that I get the correct ones and google doesn't seem to help.

Many thanks.

Jimbob

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got some paddy hopkirk ones for my 440 - I'm pretty sure they are the same on the 460. The bolt straight into the roof - so there is no wind noise through the doors...
If you get them - don't buy the fitting kit for £12 or how ever much it is - you can just buy four bolts for about £1 and these do exactly the same - all that is supplied in the kit is the bolts...

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, that's very interesting. I thought the only bars that would fit properly (i.e. bolt on rather than clamp) would be Volvo. I'll look into prices.

If anyone is interested I think I have found the correct part number for Volvo bars: 8633062

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope I'm not too late for you, but I have a set of genuine 460 roof bars (Volvo ones) as I'm scrapping my 460 tomorrow. Has all attachment covers and 4 bolts (not all Volvo bolts but all work). Excellent condition. Are you interested? Is so, make me an offer to which I would have to include postage from the Nederlands or possible the Uk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts