Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, wanted to know how to take out the rear brake/signal/reverse light assembly(the plastic cover) on a 1998 v70 volvo, im trying to replace a burn out bulb, but cant figure out how to get to the bulb itself, i have opened the rear hatch and dont see a clip or any screws to open the entire plastic assembly so that i can get to the bulb itself, any help would be GREATLY APRECCIATED!! and this forum rocks!!ive found some of the smartest answers on volvo questions!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Which bulb are you trying to replace?
Is it the brake light bulb or taillight bulb?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the brake light, everytime i hit the brake pedal the light out indicator on the dash console lights up, so i had my wife press it and i looked in the back and sure enough when the brake pedal is pressed the rear left brake light does not come on..thanks again in advance for your time!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I think the 98 has sockets that are removable to change the bulb.Im not 100% sure it has been a while since I have seen one but I think thats how it is.

TIP change both sides at the same time or the other will go shortly after you replace the one.Also it might make the bub failure light stay on due to having 2 different brand bulbs in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its actually really simple, I had to remove the whole light assembly before I figured it out... The light assembly is 2 nuts in hard to reach places and the CORRECT way is release a clip and pull the socket assembly out for all 3 bulbs... Just look at it and dont be hasty, like i was.... good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts