Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1980 240 air conditioner has about had it. I've recharged it and it still does not do the job. I would like to replace all the air conditioner parts with parts made to support R134A. My idea is to replace everything needed for R134A and have a professional lube and charge it. Can someone tell me what parts I need to replace in order to make my AC R134A compliant? Do I need to get into the dash, because that's a ****? (replaced my fan motor earlier this year).

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
160 Posts
when you say it doesn't do the job, does that say you are getting some cooling? If so, it could mean you need to replace the fan clutch. Easy job. 4 bolts to remove. Not costly about $40 US. Let me know.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(corny @ Sep 15 2005, 01:26 PM)when you say it doesn't do the job, does that say you are getting some cooling? If so, it could mean you need to replace the fan clutch. Easy job. 4 bolts to remove. Not costly about $40 US. Let me know.
[snapback]15416[/snapback]​

You have never replaced a 240 blower motor have you?

It takes about 4 to 5 hours and have to remove a bunch of the dash to replace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, replaced that blower motor with the help of the volvo forums. It does take forever... I need to have the AC checked out then decide what to replace. After getting some input from the forums, it doesn't sound like too bad of a job.

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts