Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we end up buying the 2002 S60 it will need a new set of tires ASAP. It has Michelin Energy MXV4's P205 55 R16. I have a set of Michelin Hydroedge's on my 2000 Camry, and Michelin LTX's on my Tahoe. As you can see I am partial to Michelins. Would appreciate any recommendations on which Michelin I should look at having installed. My main concerns are long wear, good traction in dry & wet weather (don't get tons of snow here in Kentucky), and ride quiteness. Speed rating is not important as I rarely if ever drive over 70 - 75 mph. Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was afraid youwould say that. I really like the better handling you get with the softer compounds. Of course they don't last as long. Decisions, Decisions.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard of Kuhmo but never really looked into them. Right now the salesman I'm working with has said that they would put new tires on the car, so I'm not as concerned with the price. I guess if that falls through then I can look into the other brands. Although, I have had really good luck with the Michelins. The set I have on my Tahoe have around 40K on them and with the amount of tread left I feel like I can get another 40 - 50K on them.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They put the tires on so I ended up going with the Michelins. Decided to go with the Hydroedge for the wet weather performance. Hated to give up a little bit of handling that the MX4's would have given me. With my driving habits I probably wont notice it except on those rare occasions that I decide I am a rally racer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.