Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When AAA was changing my tire they bent my antenna mast and now my antenna won't go down all the way. Volvo says that I have to buy the WHOLE assembly for $240 but I HAVE to believe that I can just replace the mast. The problem, I can't find a replacement mast ANYWHERE! I have found a LOT of forums that tell how to replace the S40 mast but nothing regarding the C70. PLEASE HELP!!! I need to know WHERE to get a new antenna mast and HOW to replace it. I am pretty sure I know how, I did it on my 740 years ago, but I do not know where to get it.

2001 C70 Convertible, LP Turbo

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I bought my 98 coupe the antenna would not go up all the way. I got a replacement from the dealer at their cost, but they sent me a whole assembly. To make a long story shorter, I had already spent the morning taking out the assembley from my car taking it apart to get the old antenna out(it was bent down low so even after taking the nut off I could not get it out). So it is possible to replace just the mast. Check out on e bay there are some up on there, i think around $20. Worst case you may have to take your assembly apart, but in my experience its possible to replace.

Jerome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts